Jeff Butts, Managing Editor at The Mac Observer joins us. We ponder why Signify would want to get into the security game (and why consumers would want them to), discuss some updates on previously reported news, and dive into a discussion about the current state of HomeKit. New architectures, Shortcuts, and Matter…and what’s with this Works with Apple Home thing? It’s all getting kind of messy.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in these places:
- Signify expected to add Security devices to Philips Hue line
- SelectBlinds has partnered with Olibra for Select-Branded Bond Bridge
- British Gas starts retiring security devices
- Insteon is now selling an i3 Keypad
- Works with Nest deadline is soon–really
- Cortana is dead. Long live Cortana.
- Follow MyHomeKithome on the site formerly known as Twitter at @clefmeister
- Read Jeff’s work at The Mac Observer
Home: On is part of Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Spoon Podcast, and The Smart Home Show, co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Inquire about sponsorship opportunities at email@example.com