This week Josh is joined by a very special guest, Rob H of the AV Rant Podcast. He’s come back to get us caught up on the latest HDR standards and how they might impact your equipment purchasing decisions. He and Josh also look at what’s required to build a home theater PC that’s capable of playing 4k UHD Blu-ray discs. Rob also has some advanced tips for setting up a Plex server. The conversation didn’t solely focus enjoying video content though. They also ventured into Dolby Atmos, and how Audio Return Channel (ARC) actually works.
You’re always sure to be greeted with a wealth of information across the entire audio/visual space when Rob H. is around, and his appearance here doesn’t disappoint!
Join us most weeks for the live recording of Entertainment 2.0 on Tuesday evenings at 8:30pm ET!
Click here to download episode #422.
Subscribe to the Show
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via Google Play
- Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe via TuneIn Radio
- Rob H. on Twitter
- AV Rant Podcast
- What’s going on with HDR standards? Devices that support Dolby Vision
- Xbox Uservoice – Dolby Vision Support
- ARC: does it support Atmos
- HD Fury AVR Key
- 4k HTPC System Requirements via Cyberlink
- Cyberlink parts recommendations
- 4k HTPC Motherboards and Optical Drives
- Plex local media assets
- Converting 3D Blu-ray backups to SBS
- Microsoft adds its gaming chief to its Senior Leadership Team
- This Week’s Deals With Gold And Spotlight Sale
- September’s Games with Gold Revealed
- DC Collection Ultra HD Collection
- Dolby Atmos Beyond 7.1.4 – Part 1
- Emotiva RMC-1
- Josh is running the 6.6k to raise money for cancer research
Send us your feedback by email
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
Check us out on Google+
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles