It’s been a long time since we’ve covered the news, and the DMZ’s newest contributor, Doug Krug, helps us wade through some of the news we missed. Will.i.am breathes new life into Wink; Ring, Schlage, and Sylvania bring new products to market; and Thington is, sadly, no more. Plus: Doug has some good advice on how you should prepare for the inevitable hub failure and recovery process.
Download this episode. And subscribe…
Or play it right now, right here:
- i.am+ buys Wink
- Will.i.am and Wink’s First Z-Wave Devices
- Microsoft Shows Off a Thermostat Based on Cortana
- Video: Johnson Controls Reinvents the Thermostat
- Video: A Day Made of Glass
- Ring adds battery and solar-powered security cameras and lights
- Tile Pro Can Help You Find Your Keys
- Logitech Harmony skill is much better now
- Schlage Sense HomeKit Bluetooth Deadbolt is shipping
- ilumi now works with IFTTT
- Sylvania Smart+ HomeKit compatible accessories available to order
- Thington shuttering
- CEDIA Show
- Attend this year’s Smart Kitchen Summit (use promo code HOMEON for 25% off tickets)
- Follow Doug on Twitter at @dougkrug
- Read his posts at Smart Home Primer
- Check out a preview of the DMZ’s newest podcast, Story Players
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The Smart Kitchen Show, The HomeTech Podcast, and The NextMarket Podcast.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.