Time for a new podcast here at The DMZ. Bringing together a love of music along with digital media news, DMZ Radio, hosted by Adam Thursby is a weekly look at the digital headlines mixed with the music that makes up the soundtrack of our lives.
Each week, Adam will be covering the headlines from here at The DMZ as well as others covering cable and satellite news, HTPCs, Blu-ray releases, theatrical releases, season and show premieres, and more. All of this is put together with music that spans several decades. There are no genres here. Only good music to drive to work with each week!
You’ll also find links to the week’s stories and music with each post. If you enjoy the show, we encourage you to think about picking up the tracks to have on hand all the time.
Click here to download the first episode of DMZ Radio!
This week’s stories:
- FX Renews Wilfred, Louie and Sunny
- Internet Porn Eating Cable Profits
- Comcast Sues DirecTV for False Advertising
- DirecTV Looking at Hulu?
- Time Warner Gets Fox Prime-Time for VOD Service
- ActiveVideo Seeks to Kill FiOS
- Android Hits 40%
- 96 Stations Have Mobile DTV Installed
- A Fight for Your Pockets: Mobile Gaming
- Ceton InfiniTV4 USB Passes CableLabs Cert.
- SinHD: Sales v. Rentals v. Streams
- Entertainment 2.0: Dolby, Skype and Mobile Gaming
- TMP: Quarantine 2, REC, Rio
- Media Center Netflix Work-Around
- Blu-ray Disk Releases: Aug 16th
- Theatrical Releases: Aug 19th
This week’s music:
- I’m Shipping Up to Boston: Dropkick Murphys
- Hush: Deep Purple
- This Love: Maroon 5
- Foxey Lady: Jimi Hendrix
- I’m The Slime: Frank Zappa
- Welcome to the Jungle: Guns N’ Roses
- King Kong: The Jimmy Castor Bunch
- Incense And Peppermints: Strawberry Alarm Clock
- Beer: Reel Big Fish
- End Love: Ok Go
- Break Stuff: Limp Bizkit
- Feel Good Inc.: Gorillaz
- Desperately Wanting: Better Than Ezra
- Paranoid: Black Sabbath
- Fett’s Vett: MC Chris
- Lay Me Down: The Dirty Heads
- Epic: Faith No More
- Someday: Nickleback
- Bathwater: No Doubt
- Rent: Pepper
Like other shows here on The DMZ, Radio will continue to evolve. Music will change as will the length of a show. If you don’t like the current song, stick around a few minutes, it’s sure to change. If there’s something specific you’d like to hear, email away. Always up for listener choice and dedications. This is the future of radio after all!
A few disclaimers. First, music will not be edited. Explicit lyrics are possible and the show will be listed explicit in iTunes. Be forewarned. Also, all music heard on this show has been legally purchased. If any artist wishes to have their music removed, please contact the producer of the show.
Also, you’ll notice that the file runs a bit larger than your regular podcast. Sorry to those of you using mobile connections but in order to provide the best listening experience possible, a higher bitrate has to be maintained.