A day late this week, but the big events start Tuesday night anyway, with the opening of the NBA season. The World Series kicks off Wednesday, so for a short period of time, we’ll have all four major sports going at the same time. Live it up while you can, sports fans!
I’m torn this week. The World Series, with games one and two on Wednesday and Thursday (FOX 7:30 p.m.) is the obvious choice, but the NBA season kicks off with some great games, including Boston heading to Cleveland on Tuesday (7:30 p.m. TNT). So I’ll put both in the spotlight. Lots of great NBA on this week on both TNT (Tuesday and Thursday) and ESPN (Wednesday and Friday).
Here’s the rest of the weekend, big games in BOLD.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27
- 7 p.m. – NHL Philadelphia at Washington (1080i)
- 7:30 p.m. – NBA Boston at Cleveland (1080i)
- 8p.m. – College Football East Carolina at Memphis (720p)
- 10:30 p.m. – NBA LA Clippers at LA Lakers (1080i)
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28
- 7:30 p.m. – MLB World Series Game 1 Philadelphia at New York Yankees (720p)
- 8 p.m. – NBA New Orleans at San Antonia (720p)
- 10:30 p.m. – NBA Utah at Denver (720p)
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29
- 7:30 p.m. – MLB World Series Game 2 Philadelphia at New York Yankees (720p)
- 7:30 p.m. – College Football North Carolina at Virginia Tech (720p)
- 8 p.m. – NBA San Antonio at Chicago (1080i)
- 10 p.m. – MLS Houston at Seattle (720p)
- 10:30 p.m. – NBA Denver at Portland (1080i)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30
- 8 p.m. – College Football West Virginia at South Florida (720p)
- 8 p.m. – NBA Chicago at Boston (720p)
- 10:30 p.m. – NBA Dallas at LA Lakers (720p)