Prices are going up all over the place and other services are going away. It’s a rough news week! Netflix is killing off the Basic tier. Peacock prices are going up for the first time. YouTube Premium, the already over-priced service, is increasing rates. Spotify raises their prices to match the competition. The brightest news comes from Plex, who is moving Plexamp to a freemium model. The end of Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard acquisition is in sight. Xbox’s change to Xbox Live Gold is less confusing than it seems. Lastly, Xbox is getting rid of the Game Pass Friends & Family plan.
Join us most weeks for the live recording of Entertainment 2.0 on Tuesday evenings at 8:30 pm ET!
Click here to download episode #624.
Subscribe to the Show
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe via Google Podcasts
- Subscribe via Spotify
- Subscribe via Pandora
- Netflix Discontinues ‘Basic’ Tier in the US and UK
- Peacock to raise its subscription prices on August 17 | TechCrunch
- Google raising price of YouTube Premium to $13.99 per month
- It’s Spotify’s turn to increase prices – The Verge
- Free Bird! Plexamp Spreads Its Wings for Every Music Lover | Plex
- FTC withdraws its in-house challenge to Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard deal – The Verge
- Microsoft and Activision Blizzard extend merger agreement to October – The Verge
- Introducing Xbox Game Pass Core, Coming This September – Xbox Wire
- Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan ends in August – The Verge
- Plex Video on Demand Feedback Form
Send us your feedback by email
Like us on Facebook.
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles