MyHomeKithome YouTuber and podcast host Dustin Boggus joins Richard to talk about accessibility in the smarthome. Sure, it’s fun and futuristic to have lights and digital assistants that obey your commands and react to your presence…but what if your ability to work and live safely in your own environment depended upon it? Dustin shares his experiences with specific technologies and products and shares some thoughts about what more the industry could be doing. Oh, and this episode was recorded some time ago, so we also talk about some now … fairly old industry news.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in these places:
- Jenny Tuohy reviews the Tovala Smart Oven Air Fryer
- Hubitat Elevation C-8 released
- Insteon had sold out of i3 devices, but new stock is now available
- Check out the Controller for HomeKit app
- Check out Dustin’s YouTube channel, MyHomeKithome
- Follow MyHomeKithome on Twitter at @MyHomeKithome
- Read Dustin’s reviews and posts at MyHomeKithome.com
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Spoon Podcast, and The Smart Home Show, co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Inquire about sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org