Google discontinues Nest Secure while introducing new Nest products that feel a whole lot more Google than Nest. Plus product announcements from Feit, Yale, GE Lighting, and more…all with insights and perspective from The Verge’s Dan Seifert.
This episode is brought to you by the new Ask This Old House Podcast.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in these places:
Did you like it? Please rate it in Apple Podcasts or on Stitcher.
- Google discontinues its Google Nest Secure alarm system
- Google’s Nest announces new smart thermostat with simpler design, lower price
- New smart products from Feit
- Yale’s smart delivery box and smart cabinet lock are now on sale
- Amazon Echo (2020) Review: Music of the Sphere
- C by GE rolls out new smart bulbs and light strips that don’t need a hub
- Meross Smart LED Light Bulb with HomeKit is now available
- Nanoleaf’s New Essential Line Is a More Affordable Take on Smart Lighting
- Sonos speakers can now communicate with General Electric appliances
- Abode’s Outdoor Smart Camera doubles up as a video doorbell
- ZTS MBT-1 Pulse Load battery tester
- Follow Dan on Twitter
- Read Dan’s reviews at The Verge
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Food Tech Show, and The Smart Home Show, now co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Inquire about sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org