Josh and Richard have a lot of quick stories to catch up on this week. Fandango is purchasing Vudu. HBO Max gets a launch date. NBC’s new streaming service, Peacock, has launched for some users. Plex has released a new music player and Plex Dash. It’s a mobile app for keeping tabs on your Plex server. Sonos and Spotify both have news. The Nintendo Switch gets long-overdue enhancements, and Gamescom has officially been canceled.
Join us most weeks for the live recording of Entertainment 2.0 on Tuesday evenings at 8:30 pm ET!
Click here to download episode #516.
Subscribe to the Show
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe via Google Podcasts
- Subscribe via Spotify
- Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe via TuneIn Radio
- Fandango to buy Vudu from Walmart as the streaming wars heat up
- HBO Max will launch on May 27th
- HBO will extend streaming support for older Apple TVs
- Comcast Is Getting Into the Streaming TV Game With Peacock. Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Plex debuts new Plexamp audio and Plex Dash server management apps for iPhone and iPad
- Sonos launches its own streaming radio service
- Spotify now lets Premium users hide songs they don’t want to hear from playlists
- Spotify launches curated podcast playlists in a bid to make the platform a podcast tastemaker
- Switch Update Finally Lets You Remap Controllers
- Gamescom cancels its in-person event due to COVID-19
- Burger King | Stay Home of the Whopper
Send us your feedback by email
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.