Honeywell, Netgear, and Philips have new smart home products, Ecobee wants to save you some more money, and Richard’s sick of everyone triggering his digital assistants. We’re joined by smart home YouTuber Joe Dugandzic, who posits that the smart home market is getting kind of boring—and he might have a point.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
Did you like it? Please rate it in iTunes or on Stitcher.
- Honeywell launches all-in-one security system at retail
- Netgear announces Arlo doorbell and chime
- Please stop saying “Alexa”
- Faradite launching small ceiling motion sensor in UK
- From Philips: Lighted bathroom mirror and outdoor rope lights (sneaked)
- Ecobee adds Peak Relief program
- Homeboy adds Insteon Thermostat control
- Yonomi adds third-party scene support and sub-routines
- Ring quietly launches new hardwired Spotlight* Cam
- Is the Smart Home (Market) Getting Boring?
- Indigo plug-in for TP-Link
- Check out Joe’s blog at smarterhomelife.com
- Subscribe to Joe’s YouTube channel
- Follow Joe on Twitter at @Nidocamen
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The Smart Kitchen Show, The HomeTech Podcast, and The NextMarket Podcast.
Please inquire about sponsorship opportunities at email@example.com
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.