Josh is back with Richard this week to discuss a diverse selection of topics from around the Microsoft entertainment technology space. After responding to some feedback the guys dig into the big news coming from the cable industry. A bill has been proposed to reverse the integration ban. The press is freaking out (as usual) and seem to think this will lead to the immediate death of CableCARD. Josh and Richard aren’t nearly as convinced. Windows Phone is also doing quite well in Europe, and leaks of future Microsoft products are coming from all sorts of places, even Microsoft big-wigs! There’s speculation of different sized Surface tablets, and the possibility of a voice controlled home automation system. This week also saw the demise of one of Microsoft’s oldest media ventures. The guys also talk about the Simple.TV, and Josh doesn’t hold anything back when talking about Valve’s announcements from last week. If you’re not listening live you’re missing a lot of fun, so make sure to join Josh and Richard for the live recording of episode 246 on Tuesday, October 1st at 8:00pm ET!
Click here to download episode #246
Subscribe to the Show
- House Rule 3196 – To Remove the Integration Ban (PDF)
- Bye-Bye, CableCARDs?
- What You Need to Know About the Integration Ban
- How Microsoft Could Cope With The Differing European And US Windows Phone Markets
- Microsoft demonstrates Halo 4 streaming from the cloud to Windows and Windows Phones
- Microsoft: Surface devices with multiple aspect ratios coming soon. Surface 2 with LTE on AT&T and Vodafone
- Microsoft’s Upcoming Cortana Personal Assistant Will Integrate With Your Home Automation System
- Bye-bye, MSN TV: Microsoft finally shuts down online TV pioneer
- Simple.TV reveals second-gen streaming DVR and Version 2.0 interface
Send us your feedback by email and voicemail! (1-877-856-4933)
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
Check us out on Google+
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles