A technologically advanced 8×8 HDMI matrix switcher will become available on June 15, according to executives at WyreStorm, a company created by home entertainment professionals to provide installation professionals and consumers high-quality products, service and support.
While I”m not sure how useful this would be to the home theater or HTPC enthusiast, for the custom install market, this could be a very useful product. This new WyreStorm component allows up to eight HDMI audio/video devices to be independently switched to eight HDMI monitors, HDTVs, or projectors. The eight outputs show the same or different source simultaneously, whether or not the source is HDCP.
Additional 8×8 HDMI matrix switcher features include:
- Each output includes one HDMI type A connector and a set of dual RJ-45 connectors as the second mirrored HDMI output. The two outputs work simultaneously.
- The UTP output supports both dual and single cat5e/cat6.
- The ability to read and save EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) function from displays.
- It supports multiple high definition resolutions, including 1080p , 1080i, 720p and other standard video formats.
- Each input port supports both HDMI and DVI inputs.
- There are six switching control modes: front panel buttons, local IR, IR call back from remote locations, RS232, RS485 and Ethernet (IP). Includes eight IR emitters to control the HDMI sources as well as an infrared extension receiver.
- The 8×8 HDMI matrix switcher is HDCP compliant and uses HDMI version 1.3b.
There’s nothing on the site but a graphic showing the release date, but I have no doubt that the pricing will be such as to put it out of anyone’s reach but very high end users.