It’s starting to seem like my 4 port router and 8 port switch won’t be enough to connect all of the devices hitting the market this year. Between Yahoo Widget TVs, PCs, servers, and blu-ray players, we’ll have to install rack mounted hardware soon.
LG is doing everything it can to make sure that its’ players are the ones people use to get the net content they want. LG’s BD370 and BD390 Network Blu-ray Disc players, previewed at CES 2009, provide consumers with access to an almost endless array of movies and TV shows. Equipped with WiFi capabilities, the BD390 is the first-ever Blu-ray player to offer an interactive Download-to-Own and Pay-Per-View options, allowing consumers to purchase content from Roxio CinemaNow at the click of the remote.
Key benefits include the capability to:
- Browse the entire Roxio CinemaNow premium content catalog, including latest Hollywood hits.
- Access and watch movies purchased from other Roxio CinemaNow-powered stores.
- Easily access movies purchased on an LG player from a home PC or CinemaNow compatible portable device.
LG’s alliance with the prolific online video community, YouTube, allows consumers to instantly stream millions of Web videos directly from the Internet to their Network Blu-ray Disc Player for viewing on their television (without a personal computer). Benefits include:
- Unlimited access to millions of videos on topics such as current events, instructional videos for hobbies, comedic and viral videos.
- Easy searching, thumbnail previews and multiple screen size viewing options.
Continuing LG’s groundbreaking partnership with Netflix, all of LG’s Network Blu-ray Disc Players offer access to the ever growing number of Netflix standard and high-definition titles. With the Netflix Instant Streaming service, consumers can enjoy more than 12,000 choices of movies and TV episodes from the Netflix library. Netflix members owning these devices pay one low monthly subscription for unlimited DVD rental and unlimited streaming.
The BD370 and BD390 are available now at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $299.95 and $399.95 respectively.
via LG Electronics