Samsung releases an impressive new Wi-Fi system but initially limits it to Galaxy S8 users, Burger King and Dominos try to play tricks with your digital home assistants, and Molly Wood joins us for a spirited discussion about how so many smart devices just seem plain dumb. Are the devices really dumb…or maybe just too complicated for most consumers?
Download this episode. And subscribe…
Or play it right now, right here:
- New Samsung mesh router has a SmartThings hub built into it
- Advertisers think it’s fun to set off digital home assistants
- Amazon added color support for lighting control from the Echo
- Sonos PlayBase now available
- Brilliant Control switch
- Why Does Smart Lighting Seem So Dumb?
- Listen to Make Me Smart at Marketplace
- Follow Molly Wood on Twitter
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The Smart Kitchen Show, The HomeTech Podcast, and The NextMarket Podcast.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.