Chris Young, a.k.a. Homekitgeek, joins me to catch up on some smart home news from the past few weeks. We ponder the rash of products and services going away and Wink’s now-started subscription service, among other things. But the real meat of the conversation focuses around Apple’s and Google’s latest smart home announcements at their respective…and very different…virtual events.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in these places:
- Google Assistant drops support for Philips Hue first-gen bridge on June 22nd
- Smart driving assistant Automatic is shutting down
- Guardzilla shuts down without telling security camera owners
- Osram says it’s turning off cloud servers for Lightify smart bulbs next August
- Logitech is already giving up on its Alexa-powered Harmony remote control
- Vocolinc PurFlow Air Purifier with Apple HomeKit Support
- SmartThings to Retire Legacy Platforms
- The IoT Podcast #274: Apple embraces IoT and SmartThings shakes things up
- Hubitat Elevation
- Philips Hue announces new products
- Wink offers limited functionality for non-subscribers
- Whats new in HomeKit in iOS 14 from WWDC 2020
- “Hey Google” Virtual Event
- Project CHIP on GitHub
- TTToday with Linden Tibbets
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Food Tech Show, and The Smart Home Show, now co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Inquire about sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org