Lee Odess, VP from Allegion, the makers of Schlage locks, joins the us to discuss the latest smart home news. There are plenty of updates to cover, including new Sonos speakers at IKEA, new HomeKit capabilities for products already in the market, and the sad demise of Amazon’s physical dash buttons. Then Lee walks us through Schlage’s long legacy of smart home technology and products, helping us understand how they approach this evolving market.
This episode is brought to you by the Smart Kitchen Summit. Get a 25% discount on your tickets with promo code HOMEON.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in these places:
- Symfonisk speakers are now available at IKEA
- Google confirmed Nest Hub Max has a release date
- Nanoleaf Canvas Tiles Updated to Act as HomeKit Buttons
- Arlo Pro Lines Now Work with HomeKit
- Amazon is going to kill your Dash button
- Put a Ring Sensor in Your Mailbox To Know When Snail-Mail Arrives
- SmartDry makes dryers smarter
- Mark McCall’s Automated Home 2.0
- Find out about Bitdefender BOX
- Using the Ikea Trådfri dimmer remote with SmartThings (YouTube video)
- Learn more about Schlage
- Follow Schlage locks on Twitter and Instagram
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Food Tech Show, and The Smart Home Show, now co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Please inquire about sponsorship opportunities at [email protected]