This week Josh and Richard are joined by a very special guest, Rob H., from the AV Rant Podcast. When Dolby Vision was announced for the Xbox One the guys thought it would be a pretty simple situation. If your TV, AV receiver, and Xbox all support Dolby Vision then it should just work, right? Well, Josh and Richard were wrong. Fortunately, when Josh and Richard are confused about HDR they’ve got an expert to bring in. That’s why Rob H. is here. He’s the HDR expert, and he breaks it all down. Whenever Rob is on the show you’re guaranteed to learn a thing or two, and this episode is no exception!
Join us most weeks for the live recording of Entertainment 2.0 on Tuesday evenings at 8:30 pm ET!
Click here to download episode #465.
Subscribe to the Show
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via Google Play
- Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe via TuneIn Radio
- Rob H on Twitter
- AV Rant Podcast
- Xbox One Dolby Vision Problems: TCL Responds
- Xbox One Dolby Vision Problems: Microsoft, Vizio And LG Respond
- Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox: Dolby Vision on the Xbox, Explained
- Dolby Vision Profiles and Levels
- IMAX Enhanced Certification: What Are You Really Getting?
- The Trouble with HDR10
- HDR10 Metadata Database
- Sony, Microsoft form interest group to improve HDR gaming experience
- HDR Gaming Interest Group (HGIG)
- HGIG Best Practices
- Red Dead Redemption 2 4K HDR Analysis…It’s Faked from SDR
- ESPN’s standalone streaming service is available on PS4 and Xbox One
- New Games with Gold for November 2018
Send us your feedback by email
Follow us on Twitter: Josh Pollard and Richard Gunther
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.