Revolv joins the AllSeen Alliance, Samsung’s purchase of SmartThings is confirmed, and Dave Zatz joins Richard to discuss retail’s sloppy moves in bringing smarthome products to the masses.
Download this episode. And subscribe…
Or play it right now, right here:
- Revolv Joins the AllSeen Alliance
- Battle of the Home Automation Hubs
- SwiidInter Cord Switch Converts any Lamp to Z-Wave
- Samsung’s purchase of SmartThings is Official
- Retailers Struggle to Introduce Smarthome Tech
- Here’s Why Retailers are Betting Big on the Internet of Things
- Meet Peq, the Next Smart Home Hub
- INSTEON Now Available at Radio Shack
- Do We Need an Internet of Things Retail Superstore?
- Dave is @davezatz on Twitter
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
[…] expansion of Verizon’s existing home suite… or some sort of new collaboration. Given home automation’s current retail struggle, acquiring this functionality via a provider like Verizon could remain the preferred sales […]
[…] For further discussion about retail’s rocky push into the connected home, listen to Home: On #032 – Retail Struggles, with Dave Zatz. […]