Josh and Richard are back, and if you prefer the shorter episodes then you’re in luck! They start off by debunking an optimistic theory about Windows Media Center in Windows Blue, or should that be Windows 8.1? There are exciting games coming to the Windows platform, and Microsoft had an exciting offer for Apple developers. If you’ve been frustrated by the PlayTo support built-in to Windows 8/RT Josh discusses a hack to fix that issue. It even works on Windows RT! Microsoft seems to be spring cleaning by getting rid of any television technology that isn’t XBOX, while SiliconDust is allowing all users of the HDHomeRun Prime to stream live TV via DLNA. They finish up with a short conversation about storing digital copies of movies. They cover all that and more on episode 221 of the Entertainment 2.0 podcast. If you’re not listening live you’re missing a lot of fun, so make sure to join Josh and Richard for the live recording of episode 222 Tuesday, April 9th at 8:00pm ET!
Click here to download episode #221
Subscribe to the Show
- New Version of Media Center?
- Ceton Driver Removes Tuner Limit on Windows 8
- Microsoft’s Windows Blue looks to be named Windows 8.1
- New Games for Windows 8, Including the Harvest
- Microsoft offering developers free copies of Windows 8 Pro and Parallels Desktop
- HDHomeRun DLNA Update Now Available
- Using MSFT Uncertified Play To DLNA devices with W8 Modern UI Apps
- Microsoft reportedly selling its MediaRoom IPTV unit to Ericsson
- Warner Archive Instant launches, offers subscription to stream classic movies and TV shows
Be sure and send us your emails and voicemail! (1-877-856-4933)
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
Check us out on Google+
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles