Feedback? You can call us at 1-877-856-4933 or visit our Facebook page.
No extensive notes this week, I apologize. With the holiday weekend, I just wanted to make sure the show got posted.
We’ll be back next week with the formal write up your used to, and possibly a special guest. Until then, Happy Independance Day and with that I give you, in brief, here’s what we talk about:
- Best Buy invades movie theaters with what might be the worst idea ever – http://www.bestbuymoviemode.com/
- Hulu Plus formally announced – http://www.hulu.com/plus
- But it requires PlayStation Plus for PS3 peeps – http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/06/hulu-for-ps3-may-require-playstation-plus.ars
- Playstation Plus announced – http://mashable.com/2010/06/29/playstation-plus-3-40/
- BDXL specs formally approved – http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blu-ray-disc/bda-new-blu-ray-128-gb-spec-not-meant-movies-19803
A solid week for Blu-ray, marketshare 14%, revenue $26.44M, +27%.
Blu-ray Reviews – U2: 360 Live at the Rose Bowl
Good disc, good video, great audio. Must own for U2 fans, well worth a rental for concert disc fans.
Firefly: The Complete Series – A solid outing for a TV show that lasted only one season.
What we’ve seen/are watching
The Blu-ray releases for June 29 are, well, there. Hot Tub Time Machine leads the way for not a small list, but an underwhelming one. It’s worth noting it was during this part of the show that the weather at Phil’s house went from “man, it’s pretty stormy” to “holy crap, I hope we’re still here when the show finishes” so it might look like we rushed a bit at the end, because we did.
Deals were very light this week:
- Terminator Salvation 12.49 Amazon
- $14.99 sale Best Buy
- Blu-ray low as $10 Amazon
- Donnie Darko $10 Amazon
Click here to download Episode 39!
|Seen In HD Subscriptions|