This week Josh and Richard go back to some of the Windows Media Center basics. A piece of listener feedback reminded them that while some of crying of Media Center’s death for years, others are just now discovering the amazing platform. This week they talk about the pros and cons of using Windows Media Center Extenders versus building secondary home theater PCs. In addition to that there are new apps for reading books and listening to music on Windows Phone and Windows 8. Microsoft has released details on the next update to the Xbox One, and Josh and Richard give updates on the projects they’ve been working on. If you’re not listening live you’re missing a lot of fun, so make sure to join Josh and Richard for the live recording of episode 283 on Tuesday, June 24th at 8:00pm ET!
Click here to download episode #282
Subscribe to the Show
- SiriusXM Radio on Windows Media Center
- Kobo Books now available on Windows Phone
- OneMusic for Windows Phone 8.1 is now available
- Words with Friends re-written for WP8 (now free)
- Music streaming service Rdio now available from the Windows Store
- Leaving E3 2014: The beat goes on with our July update
- Earin’s tiny wireless earphones recharge while they’re in your pocket
Send us your feedback by email and voicemail! (1-877-856-4933)
Follow us on Twitter: Josh Pollard and Richard Gunther.
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
Check us out on Google+
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles