Device manufacturers begin to roll out updates to enable HomeKit Secure Video and HomeKit router support, Level is shipping its stealthy smart lock, and Insteon’s long-awaited app update is now in public beta. Plus we’re joined on this episode by Samsung SmartThings product manager, Blake Arnold, discussing some of the latest platform updates and the company’s renewed push to move customers to the new SmartThings experience.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in these places:
- Netatmo Smart Indoor Camera officially adds support for HomeKit Secure Video with iCloud recordings
- Amazon’s Eero routers get updated with Apple’s HomeKit support
- Eve Water Guard Review
- Level Lock ships pre-orders
- HomeCam 2 Brings Auto Cycling of Camera Feeds, Improved Data Layers, and More
- Wyze details future products: Band, Scale, outdoor and doorbell cameras
- Insteon Mobile Beta Publicly Released
- SmartThings Resumes Push to “New” App
- The Internet of Things Podcast episode 248: Should I put my IoT devices on a guest network?
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Food Tech Show, and The Smart Home Show, now co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Inquire about sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org