For the first time in quite a while we’ve got news about Windows Media Center, and as is to be expected, it’s not good. Roku is allowing you to easily subscribe to premium services. HDR is still difficult on Windows 10. Hulu raises and lowers prices at the same time. Vizio is already working to bring AirPlay 2 to televisions, and we try not to say “I told you so” to a CEO of a multi-billion dollar tech company.
Join us most weeks for the live recording of Entertainment 2.0 on Tuesday evenings at 8:30 pm ET!
Click here to download episode #474.
Subscribe to the Show
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via Google Play
- Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe via TuneIn Radio
- Microsoft turning the screws on Windows 7 users by targeting Windows Media Player
- Xbox One Media remote to get new Programmable Buttons feature in upcoming 1904 system update
- Roku launches premium subscriptions for Showtime, Starz, and other services today
- I tried, failed and finally managed to set up HDR on Windows 10
- YouTube TV covers all of the US
- Hulu cuts the price of its basic service to $6 per month
- Vizio will soon test SmartCast 3.0 with AirPlay 2 support
- Nvidia CEO laments low Turing sales, says last quarter was a ‘punch in the gut’
Send us your feedback by email
Follow us on Twitter: Josh Pollard and Richard Gunther
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.