Chris Barnes, from thEndUsr Podcast, joins Josh again this week. The next version of the Xbox dominates the news this week as there is more talk of an HDMI input on the device offering tighter integration with cable set-top boxes. While that sounds exciting there are mixed reactions to news that Microsoft may be bringing the Start button back, and they may not have plans to release a “Surface” phone. Meanwhile, Comcast, and other large cable companies, are beginning to encrypt the digital basic tier of cable television. They cover all that and more on episode 223 of the Entertainment 2.0 podcast. If you’re not listening live you’re missing a lot of fun, so make sure to join Josh and Richard for the live recording of episode 224 Tuesday, April 23rd at 8:00pm ET!
Click here to download episode #223
Subscribe to the Show
- My Memories for Windows Media Center
- Microsoft’s Windows 8 Plan B(lue): Bring back the Start button, boot to desktop
- Myerson: No Need for a Surface Phone
- Exclusive: Microsoft’s next Xbox will take over your TV, interact with your cable box
- Really, Microsoft? Your vision for the future of TV is an HDMI cable?
- Next-generation Xbox launch titles include ‘Ryse’ and a new ‘Forza’
- Flixster is now on the Xbox 360, UltraViolet library in-hand
- Comcast confirms: Yes, we’re encrypting basic cable now
- Reset Your VUDU Passwords
- Netflix plans its move from Microsoft Silverlight to HTML5 video
Be sure and send us your emails and voicemail! (1-877-856-4933)
Follow us on Twitter: Josh Pollard and Chris Barnes.
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
Check us out on Google+
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles