Seth Johnson is here to help make sense of some of the latest smart home news. While it’s a slow product season, two brands, iHome and Insteon, have gone dark with little to no notice! Meanwhile, IKEA’s new cellular shades have arrived in stores, and Seth and Richard try their hand at pronouncing those product names before talking about their latest respective smart home projects.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in these places:
- iHome turns off its services, bricking some devices
- Shameful: Insteon looks dead—just like its users’ smart homes
- Learn more about Insteon’s history on Home: On #024
- Loxone Adds Official HomeKit support
- Ikea TREDANSEN cellular blackout shades are now in stores
- Subscribe to The Hometech Podcast at hometech.fm
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The HomeTech Podcast, The Spoon Podcast, and The Smart Home Show, co-hosted by Richard with Adam Justice.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Inquire about sponsorship opportunities at [email protected]