There’s been so much going on in the space: Harman Kardon has released a Cortana-powered speaker while Apple delays its own, Wink gets into the security space as ADT puts legal pressure on Ring, and one of our favorites, Stack Lighting, has pivoted away from consumer products altogether. As we approach the holidays, Josh Pollard joins us to discuss all this recent smart home news, catch us up on home projects, and share some gift recommendations.
Download this episode. And subscribe…
Or play it right now, right here:
- Harman Kardon Invoke is now available
- $199 Wink Lookout Home Security Pack Bundles All-Wink Products for the First Time
- IKEA TRÅDFRI now supports HomeKit, Amazon voice assistant
- Judge blocks sales of Ring’s Protect system
- HomePod release pushed out to “Early 2018”
- Google Assistant’s Home control now directly supports over 65 partners
- b8ta expands footprint in Lowe’s stores
- C Reach by GE now available, enabling third party control
- Stack lighting pivots, stops selling bulbs to consumers
- Follow Josh on Twitter
- Catch Richard on the latest episode of Adam Justice’s Connected Home Show
- Check out a preview of Josh’s new podcast at the DMZ, Story Players
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The Smart Kitchen Show, The HomeTech Podcast, and The NextMarket Podcast.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.