Not every week can be packed with good news. Unfortunately, this is one of those weeks. Microsoft announced huge changes that will result in massive layoffs, the closing of some divisions, and the stream lining of many of their products. While that sounds entirely awful, there are some good aspects we expect to see down the road. Outside of Microsoft things aren’t necessarily a whole lot brighter either. The U.S. House has passed a bill that could have negative consequences for fans of CableCARD technology. Fortunately, there was a lot more news too. There’s a new Windows Phone, new apps, and probably the biggest update to the Xbox One in the last six months. If you’re not listening live you’re missing a lot of fun, so make sure to join Richard, and guest Dan Skaggs, for the live recording of episode 288 on Wednesday, July 29th at 8:00pm ET!
Click here to download episode #287
Subscribe to the Show
- Microsoft announces Lumia 530
- Uber officially returns to Windows Phone (Windows Phone Store)
- Microsoft’s aiming for flagship Windows Phones, killing Nokia X but selling MixRadio
- Microsoft quietly kills their 3D Touch Windows Phone codenamed ‘McLaren’
- Lenovo says there’s no U.S. demand for small Windows tablets, stops selling them
- Xbox Entertainment Studios will shut down
- What’s the future of Xbox Music and Video?
- What to Expect with the Next Xbox One Update
- Destiny beta now open for Xbox One
- House votes to eliminate CableCARD requirement for provider STBs
Send us your feedback by email and voicemail! (1-877-856-4933)
Follow us on Twitter: Josh Pollard and Richard Gunther.
Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/theDMZ
Check us out on Google+
The intro music is a song called Rogue by Raw Stiles