We’ve talked a lot abut the promotional pricing that Microsoft has offered for Windows 8 since releasing the new O/S last fall. If you’ve been dragging your feet you might want to finally pull the trigger. The great prices end after January 31st, so you only have a couple of weeks left. As a reminder, here’s how the promotional pricing breaks down.
- If you bought a Windows 7 PC after June 2nd, 2012 you can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for only $14.99.
- If you have Windows XP SP2 or newer you can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for only $39.99.
- If you have a Windows 8 PC you can purchase the Windows 8 Pro Pack for $69.99.
- If you already have Windows 8 Pro you can get a key for Windows Media Center for free.
All of these offers expire after January 31, 2013. After that the prices go up as follows:
- Upgrading any PC to Windows 8 Pro will cost $199.99.
- Upgrade any PC to Windows 8 for $119.99.
- Upgrade a Windows 8 machine to Windows 8 Pro for $99.99.
- Adding Windows Media Center to Windows 8 Pro will cost $9.99.
For all of the details check out the Windows Blog.