Version 2.2.4 of Media Browser is a small step but it looks as though the developers are continuing to push to make it a faster and much smoother application. If you look below, the changes made will hopefully have a good impact on how quickly Media Browser loads with larger collections like mine.
I’ll be installing the new version sometime this weekend and hopefully all goes well. If you’ve upgraded, leave a comment and let us know how it went!
Changes in 2.2.4:
- The Media type is now retrieved from locally stored metadata.
- Better support for using MyMovies and Media Browser side-by-side. The user can now set the preferred order of local artwork.
- Watched status indicators are working normally again.
- It is now possible to Clear the Cache from the Media Browser Configuration Wizard.
- Various sort-order bugs for Media Collections have been fixed.
- Lots of other bugs have been fixed.
- You can use SQLite and share playstate settings & display settings.
- Better rotating backdrop support. It is now possible to randomize the order in which they appear.
- Using the custom entrypoints no longer results in a full library refresh.
- Improved installer interface that can create optional shortcuts to Media Browser.
- Overall performance increase due to various changes to the cache mechanism.
- Last but not least, Media Browser can now be localized by theme developers and the community
You can view the complete change log here.