This week’s show is back to normal after last week’s Fall TV Preview Show. To start things out, Phil has some issues with an article that appeared on MSNBC this week, and tells you why. Adam and Phil also take a look at a couple HD news items that came out of the recent CEDIA show, including 3D HDTV.
The Blu-ray review this week looks at the true story Defiance starring Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber. The movie follows the Bielski brothers as they evade the Germans in the woods of Belarus during World War II. Phil gives the video and audio just over four stars.
The big thing this week is the possibility for some sweet, delicious HD eye candy on PBS HD this weekend when Ken Burns’ newest film “The National Parks: America’s Greatest Idea” premieres. It’s a six-episode look at the history and beauty of America’s national park system. It took nearly 10 years to film, and has the potential to be a wonderful disc to show off how great HD can look. Take a look at the preview video.
The show wraps up with a look at the Blu-ray release slate, including a highly anticipated HD transfer of one of the most beloved movies of all time: The Wizard of Oz. A lot of work was put into restoring this classic film, and High Def Digest did a great look at the process.
- Debunking “Five things to Hate about HDTV” from MSNBC.
- CEDIA news, 3D HDTV, Sony’s 200 disc Blu-ray changer, Cable Card on the PC.
- Blu-ray review – Defiance MPEG-4 AVC, 1080p, 1.78:1 AR, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 ($24.99 Amazon).
- Seen in HD – Mystery Quest on History Channel.
- HD Picks for the week ahead – The National Parks: America’s Best Idea by Ken Burns on PBS Sept. 27.
- Premieres on TV this week from Geektonic.
- HD Sportsman
- Blu-ray releases Sept. 29 including The Dark Crystal, National Geographic HD Collection, The Wizard of Oz: 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition (High Def Digest story)
Click here to download Episode 5!
|Seen In HD Subscriptions|